Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lemonade

Addi working with her Mama at Riverside.

Best part of the day? Watermelon... Addi's favorite.


So every Sunday, I make arrangements for Addi so I can work my full time job. This morning, I found at three hours before work I had no one to watch her. I tried everyone but with such short notice, I couldn't find anyone to cover me or watch Addi. I was so frustrated and didn't know what to do. But when LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS, YOU MAKE LEMONADE. And that is what I did.... Addi came to work with me!

I work in the middle of the golf course so she sat next to me in the golf cart and we rode down to my work. This girl is beginning to be so independent! As we were in the golf cart, I put my hand on her leg to make sure she didn't fall out but she got so mad! She didn't want me to touch her and wanted to to sit all be herself! { mommy doesn't like this }
Luckily, my work was slow so I was able to play with her for a little bit. Two hours into it, she crawled into her car seat & fell asleep!!! No one even knows she is here! Why can't I bring her everyday?

I am so lucky to have been blessed with such a happy and healthy baby. It is like God knew my situation and the hardships that come with being a single mom so he sent me an angel. { oh no... I am starting to tear up } Don't get me wrong, she has her moments. But she just seems to take it easy on me, especially when I need it. When I was in school, I was able to drag her around the library and she would sleep or quietly play so I could get my homework done. Now, I bring her to work and she plays for a little bit and than goes to sleep. It is like she knows Mama NEEDS her to be good so she cooperates. I am truly blessed to have Addi in my life. Being a mom is the greatest joy that life offers.

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that she is so well behaved and such a good girl. She was so cute at the reunion. I'm glad things are working out for you. Too bad you have to work on Sundays though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is so beautiful!! Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addi is so so cute! Words can't decribe how much you love these little girls. I am so glad she is such a beautiful sweet gift to you. You ARE a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete